The Obelisk Scanner is used to both find Obelisks on your network, and to update them to the latest
firmware version. Download and install the appropriate version for your operating system from the links below.
Please read the information in our user guide on how to Upgrade
your Obelisk Firmware.
NOTE: You do not need to download any firmware files separately. The Obelisk
Scanner will update all previous versions of firmware to v1.2.0.
SD Card Images
You should normally use the Obelisk Scanner to update the firmware of your Obelisk. SD card images should only
be required if you have a unit whose configuration has become corrupt.
This article explains the process of flashing your Gen 1 Obelisk.
- Obelisk Scanner improvements
- Window is now resizable and contents resize proportionally
- Clicking the IP address of an Obelisk opens a browser to the login page
- Display count of Obelisks found and counts of each type
- Table header stays fixed when scrolling
- Sort list of Obelisks by IP address
- Bug Fix: Some fields overlapped visually when checkboxes were enabled
- Bug Fix: When using DHCP, if the Ethernet cable was not connected when the Obelisk
booted, then the unit would never obtain an IP address. You can now plug in a connection later on and it will
still get an IP address from DHCP.
- New Feature: Add support for upcoming Siacoin hard fork. No miner configuration changes
are required to activate support for the fork.
- New Feature: Allow setting a minimum fan speed. This is expected to help certain Obelisks
regain some of the speed loss from the last update. Some Obelisks work better at lower temperatures, so setting
this to 100% may allow those units to run faster.
- New Feature: Hashboard Info on the Dashboard tab now shows HOT CHIP TEMP. as well as the
MEASURED CHIP TEMP. The MEASURED CHIP TEMP. is based off an actual temperature sensor that is installed on each
Obelisk hashboard. The HOT CHIP TEMP. is an estimate of the hottest chip on the board based on the MEASURED CHIP
TEMP. plus a delta that was determined from thermal simulations.
- New Feature: Allow setting a maximum hot chip temp. This allows you to prevent your
Obelisk from running too hot. The default setting of 105C is expected to work the best for most units, but in
some situations you may want to reduce this. NOTE: Reducing this may result in lower hashrates.
- New Feature: Allow the Obelisk to be automatically rebooted after a certain period of
time from 0.5 hours to 24 hours. This is a failsafe to allow an Obelisk to automatically reboot after running
correctly for a certain period of time. Some users were seeing the Obelisks stop hashing to the pool or lose
network connectivity after 12-24 hours. This should prevent that until the root cause of the problem is found.
- New Feature: Allow the Obelisk to reboot if hashrate falls lower than a specified value
from 100GH/s to 400GH/s.
- New Feature: Allow the built-in genetic algorithm to be disabled (enabled by default).
This should only be disabled if your Obelisk has reached a high hashrate in the past (with this v1.2.0 firmware),
and is now frequently below that hashrate. The best settings are automatically saved by the genetic algorithm and
will be reloaded at startup whether this feature is enabled or disabled.
- New Feature: The watchdog.sh script, which runs automatically, now checks every 5 minutes
to see if the Obelisk still has network connectivity. This is a workaround for a bug that causes the eth0
interface to sometimes go down. The root cause of this bug is still being investigated, but this should keep
units online by rebooting them if network connectivity is lost.
- New Feature: A new Diagnostics tab has been added. When viewing this tab, a series of
diagnostic commands are run on the miner and the results are collected in text format. You can use the COPY TO
CLIPBOARD feature to copy this information and then paste it into an email when contacting Obelisk tech support.
- New Feature: Dashboard tab now shows some system information, even if cgminer is not yet
- New Feature: Fan speed now ramps up more smoothly when hot chips are detected.
- New Feature: Date and time are now set at startup if there is a network connection
available. If no network connection is available, then date and time will not be correct.
- Bug Fix: MAC address is now correct and does not change.
- Bug Fix: IP address assigned by DHCP stays the same now (a result of the previous fix).
- Bug Fix: Web UI no longer reports 503 errors or becomes inaccessible after a few minutes.
- Bug Fix: Miner no longer restarts every 30 minutes.
- Bug Fix: Web UI session is now extended every time you perform an action. If you stay on
the Dashboard the session will remain open indefinitely, since it requests updated statistics every 5 seconds.
- Bug Fix: Number of rejected/stale shares is reduced (DCR1 units connected to Luxor have
appended to the end of the WORKER string if the user has not already done so).
- Bug Fix: Expanded support for more Siacoin pools: Luxor, Siamining, f2pool, toastpool and
forks of toastpool.
- New Feature: Control loop now adjusts the speed of the fans dynamically. This reduces the
noise level of the miner
and allows the chips to reach slightly higher temperatures where they perform better.
- New Feature: Pressing the front button briefly now sends an "IP report" or mDNS packet.
The Obelisk Scanner
can listen for these messages to help identify a particular Obelisk on the network.
- New Feature: Pressing the front button for at least 10 seconds now resets all user
configuration (web UI login credentials, pool config, system config and network config) and reboots the Obelisk.
- New Feature: Hostname now appears in network mapping tools like nmap and nslookup.
- New Feature: Obelisk model type and version number are now shown in the web UI.
- Cosmetic: Hashrate graph was sometimes not drawn correctly (not filled in).
- Cosmetic: Hashrate graph tooltip is now easier to read.
- Cosmetic: Web UI page title changed from "Obelisk Customer Portal" to "Obelisk Miner"